How a Personal Injury Attorney in Monterey Park Can Help Following an Accident With an Uninsured Motorist

Traffic accidents are dramatic and painful. Finding out the driver that struck your vehicle lacks auto insurance makes the situation that much more unbearable. If you have been involved in any sort of auto accident with an uninsured motorist, you should know help is available. A personal injury attorney in Monterey Park, California will fiercely advocate on your behalf in your quest for justice.

Your attorney will gather evidence, interview eyewitnesses, review medical reports, negotiate with your insurance provider, represent you in a court of law and fight for your interest every step of the way.

Accidents involving uninsured motorists pose unique challenges

An auto accident that is even partially the fault of an uninsured motorist has the potential to turn your life upside down. You have to deal with the injuries caused by the accident as well as damage to your vehicle and the matter of somehow obtaining compensation from the uninsured driver. Let your personal injury attorney in Monterey Park handle the legal aspect of this challenge so you can focus on recuperating and returning to work.

Your attorney understands how to navigate the legal maze to obtain compensation from the uninsured party for your injuries, vehicle damage, lost time at work and pain/suffering. Even if the uninsured driver does not have money at the current moment, it is possible to pursue litigation that awards the guilty party’s future earnings to you as a form of compensation.

How a personal injury attorney in Monterey Park can help

The last thing on your mind following an accident with an uninsured motorist should be navigating the murky legal waters in an attempt to obtain compensation. Your focus should be strictly on improving your health and returning your life to normal. Your personal injury attorney in Monterey Park is here to answer all of your questions and address your concerns.

Your attorney will guide you through your options. This is true for those who have uninsured motorist auto insurance coverage as well as those who lack such coverage. Let your personal injury attorney in Monterey Park handle negotiations with your auto insurance company or pursue litigation against the at-fault driver. These are legal hurdles you should not attempt to surmount yourself. Though there will certainly be limits on the amount of money the insurance company pays, your attorney will prove critically important in your quest to reach those maximums.

This is the legal expert you need in your corner to ensure the claim is not denied and you are not shortchanged on compensation. Keep in mind that insurance companies make money by paying as little as possible on claims. This is precisely why you need an experienced personal injury attorney in Monterey Park on your side. Your attorney will fiercely advocate on your behalf throughout the negotiations process.

Taking the case to court

In some instances, it makes sense to take the matter to court even if there is an uninsured motorist policy in place. If no policy is in place, taking the matter to court is the only option. Your personal injury attorney in Monterey Park will file a lawsuit against the person who caused the accident.

The purpose of this lawsuit is to obtain direct compensation from the at-fault party by way of a jury trial. Your attorney will gather evidence, develop a legal strategy and represent you in a court of law. If the insurance provider has paid some of the expenses relating to the accident, the lawsuit will seek compensation for additional expenses such as pain/suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and rehabilitation.

If the jury determines the uninsured motorist must compensate you, your attorney might have to file a lien on that individual’s property. It might even be necessary to garnish the guilty party’s wages. You can rely on your personal injury attorney in Monterey Park to handle all of these challenges while you focus on bouncing back from this unfortunate event.

Note: This is for information only and does not constitute legal advice